Covid Advice

Report Timetable letter

Focus Trust Summer Challenge

Dear Parents / Carers,

Firstly, we hope you are all safe and well and we want to remind you that you are doing an amazing job during these unprecedented times.

As a Trust, we have been looking at ways which we can connect together and we have come up with a challenge, which we hope you will enjoy. We hope it will help to support both your mental and physical well-being and raise money for some charities which are important to us all.

One Trust One Challenge

Over the summer (July and August) we challenge all children and staff from our Focus Trust schools to walk, run or cycle as far as they can. As a Trust, we hope to travel the equivalent of twice round the world (80,150 miles)!

To achieve this, we are asking all staff to try to run, walk or cycle about 4km a week and we are asking all children to run, walk or cycle about 1km a week.

Children can either be sponsored or donate £1 (staff will also be raising money). We hope to raise at least £10,000 for the NSPCC and Education Support Charity. Both charities support many people and have been particularly important during the recent coronavirus pandemic.  The trust has set up a Just giving page (for the NSPCC) https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/focus-trust, where donations can be placed.

We are going to use the Strava app to collate the distance that each person has travelled.  Two Focus Trust Strava groups (in clubs- see next page for details of this) have been set up. The one under running is called Focus Trust, (this will also be used for walking) the one under cycling is called Focus Trust Cycle (see the next page for details on how to download this app).  When you join the group your walk, run or cycle will be recorded on Strava and distances will be automatically collated.

Details of how to download and use this app are on the next page.  If you want to know how far we have travelled as a Trust, follow the Trust’s twitter feed @FocusTrust1.

We hope you enjoy our challenge and we look forward to seeing how far you can travel.

Yours sincerely,

Focus Trust

 

Strava

Setting up your account on your phone
1. Download the App

 

2. Sign up

 

NB: You don’t need to start the ‘free trial’ – this is linked to the paid part of the App, which you don’t need.

Just press skip!

 

 

You don’t need to Sync contacts, again skip

 

 

If you have a watch which you use to record your exercise you can sync it.

 

Your account should be ready to use
 

Joining the Focus Clubs

Click on explore (the first time it may prompt you to do this, if not press explore at the bottom), then clubs

 

 

 

 

In the Find club section type Focus Trust

2 clubs will come up: Focus Trust (for walking or running), Focus Trust Cycle (for cycling). It might be worth joining both.

Click on one and press join (repeat with the other)

 

 

 

You now have an account and should be part of the Focus Trust Groups
Quick overview of Strava
How to use Strava
Click on the app

 

 

Press record (it’s at the bottom of the screen)

 

You will get this screen, GPS will find your location

Check which activity you are recording ( it is usually the one you did last)

Click here to swap the activity

Click on the activity you will be doing (to contribute to the Trust clubs please only use either run or cycle)

 

 

Press Start

 

 

Complete your activity. At the end press the stop button

 

Finally press Finish to save. As well as saving to your profile, it will automatically save to the Clubs you have joined

 

NB: Unfortunately, there is no option to set up a walk club to collate distances, therefore please pick run, even if you are walking. This will then mean your distance will pull through the club total!
NB: If you use a sports watch and have synched the watch to Strava, just use your watch as usual and it will automatically sync your activity to your Strava page and the Trust page.

Following – anyone you decided to follow

You – your own activities

Clubs – this is where to join Focus

Click in and join

When in clubs you initial see a feed which shows any activities members of the group have done

If you click on where it says Focus Trust you can see a leader board

 

TJI Owls – Summer Holiday Club

Dear Mums, Dads and Carers

TJI Owls is now taking bookings for the Summer Holiday Club.   The holiday club will run throughout the summer break from 8am to 5:45pm each day with the exception of the bank holiday which is Monday 31st August, 2020.  We will also be open for the inset day on Monday 7th September, 2020.

The cost for the holiday club is excellent value for money, with the full day costing £22 per student.  Payments should be made via bank transfer (details on the booking form).   No cash or cheques accepted.

Breakfast and tea will be provided with snacks of fruit throughout the day.  Your child will need to bring a packed lunch each day.  Please ensure your child has appropriate clothing for the weather, a waterproof coat and suitable footwear will be required for outdoor activities.

A booking form is required to secure your child’s place, forms are available either by email or from the school office. Bookings for the whole of the summer holiday period must be made by Friday 10th July 2020.   Payment must be received by the Friday prior to the week your child is attending.  Any cancellations after this date will be chargeable.  A confirmation letter/email will be issued upon receipt of your holiday club booking form.

Please note that electrical items such as mobile phones, tablets etc. should not be brought into school.

For more information please email Owls@thornhilljischool.co.uk or contact the school office.

Yours sincerely

 TJI Owls Team

 

Online Back To School Workshops

Online Back To School Workshops - Information

Robinwood Outcome Letter

Robinwood Cancellation Letter V2

Robinwood Update Letter

Dear Parent/Carer

We have received lots of enquiries about the Robinwood residential and have been liaising with the team at Robinwood to try and reach a solution. In the first instance, we rearranged the residential for late July. However, this is looking increasingly unlikely to go ahead, due to the current government restrictions in place. We have been in contact with Robinwood again and officially, they remain open and therefore have been reluctant to offer any refund whatsoever.

However, they have now agreed to offer a 60% refund. We are hopeful, that we will be able to claim the remaining 40% of the money through our insurance company. However, we have been unable to contact them at this moment in time. The claims process is lengthy, but will endeavour to recoup this money on your behalf.

So, I would like to find out which route you would prefer. We will go with the vast majority.

  • Keep the Residential booked in for the end of July and hope that it goes ahead.
  • Re-book the residential for the Autumn Term at a weekend. (I’m sure the High Schools would authorise absence on the Friday).
  • Ask for a 60% refund from Robinwood and attempt to claim the remaining 40% through the insurance company.

Please click on the link below and complete the short questionnaire by Friday 19th June.

Click here to access the questionnaire or alternatively copy the following link into your browser:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=pYKHd43u_0miAa95dfaLCllofsvy0e5FlLVDDkJUZ0NUNFBVM0laSzgzSFJYNE1RRDEyNE9IVDRTVy4u

I want to thank you for your patience at this incredibly challenging time.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me should you wish to discuss this or have any alternative ideas.

Yours sincerely

Michael Rowland
Headteacher

 

QA Checklist

A QA checklist - Schools Template

Risk Assessment

COVID 19 Risk Assessment

Assessment Findings

Assessment findings

Update Letter to parents of Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 6 Children – 29th May 2020

20200529 Focus-Trust letter to families

Letter to parents of Foundation Stage, Year 1 and Year 6 Children – 14th May 2020

Phased return letter 14th May 2020
Phased return letter 14th May 2020-2

Letter to update parents from Helen Rowland at Focus Trust – 12th May 2020 

20200512 Focus-Trust letter to parents

Locala – 15th April 2020

We would like to remind you that you can text a nurse at Locala thriving Kirklees Health Service for advice during this time, in the Covid 19 pandemic our service runs Monday to Friday 8am until 8pm with qualified nurses and nursery nurses The numbers to text on are Chathealth Text for parents/carers 07520 618867 for young people 07520 618866.

We also have our Locala Facebook page which is updated daily.

Regards

Linda Webster
Child Health Supervisor

 

Letter to parents Monday 23rd March 2020

20200323Lettertoparentsresocialdistancing

 

Letter to parents Friday 20th March 2020

Closure - 20th March

 

Keyworker Form March 2020

Letter to parents Friday 20th March 2020

Letter1-20thMarch

Letter to parents Thursday 19th March 2020

Closure letter

Letter to parents Monday 16th March 2020 (1)

letter co19
Focus-Trustcoronaadviceletter